Has it been 6 years already? Today we celebrate 6 years of marriage. At this time 6 years ago I was heading to city hall to pick up our marriage license and then upstairs to the JP. It wasn’t the wedding we were planning or wanted, but it was our special day. We’re hoping to have a renewal eventually to be able to celebrate with family and friends since we really didn’t have the chance.
Some people say that you shouldn’t consider your spouse your best friend, but my hubby truly is my best friend. There is not a single thing I don’t want to share with him. We hate to be separated and prefer spending most of our time in each others company. We’re not always doing everything together, but just him sitting next to me watching TV while I read a book or work on the computer is enough. We hate being away from our kids. They might be crazy, they might drive us nearly insane several times a day and they might be the biggest mess makers I have ever met, but they are our kids and we love them more than we love each other.
Despite my not so perfect past and despite his quirks that in others normally drove me to run and hide we love each other. I might not like his constant affection, his reminding me several times a day how beautiful he thinks I am or just stopping to stare at me, but it’s all his way of showing that he loves me no matter what and I do love that. I love it when he calls me a spoiled princess, because truthfully I am, but I think he loves spoiling me. Whether it is a late night run to get me food, cooking me something in the middle of the night and even one night baking me brownies because I wanted them (and passing out before they were done) shows just how much he cares. He doesn’t complain (he might joke a little) he just does it.
- Doing diaper laundry (he doesn’t let me do it anymore because he says he does it better)
- Cooking dinner
- Doing laundry
- Moving an entire room upstairs just because I thought it would look better
- Understanding we needed a Keurig and Ninja blender
- Giving the kids baths
- Taking them to the park so I can work
- Letting me sleep in
- Let me sneak out to have a few drinks with my dad and future step-mom
- Massaging my back, head, neck or other body part because it is sore
- Allowing me to binge shop Ju Ju Be bags and nail polish
- Let’s me run wild in the craft store and get more yarn than I could ever crochet into something
- Paint my nails
- Straighten my hair
- Clean up puke, pee or poop (even mine when I have been sick)
- Constantly worrying when I am away from the house
As you can see the list is nearly endless. It is all these little things, plus the love he has for our kids and his want to be together always as a family that has allowed me to love him the way I could never seem to love someone else. So my dear, sweet, every loving hubby Richie, I loved you yesterday, I love you more today and my love will continue to grow tomorrow. The life we share might not be exactly what we want it to be, but it is our life and we live it the best we can.