I have been a horrible eMeals blogger, but we’ve been without a vehicle for almost two months and I wasn’t able to do actual grocery shopping. I have been saving all of the amazing recipes for each week to try them out when I can actually do a regular shopping trip.
Have you heard about eMeals? They really take the guess work out of meal planning as well as help to keep you within a budget. Each week they provide you with a meal plan and if your store is available they even give you the prices for the ingredients you will need to prepare those meals. If your local grocery store is not listed you can pick any other store which will provide you with a shopping list, just not the prices as those will vary.
Plans are offered for breakfast, lunch and dinner and the dinner subscription begins at $21 for 3 months.
Look at this scrumptious recipe just in time for Valentine’s Day.
Simple Gourmet Valentine’s Day Dessert
(from their FREE w/ purchase simple gourmet Valentine’s Day Menu)
Dark Chocolate Torte
This rich, fudgy cake is a decadent dessert for a special evening with your special someone.
Butter and flour for pan
7 ounces dark chocolate baking squares, chopped
½ cup butter
4 eggs, separated
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons flour
Optional Garnish: Powdered sugar, fresh raspberries
- Butter and flour a 9-inch spring-form pan.
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler or metal bowl set over a pan of simmering water; stir until smooth. Remove from heat, and cool 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 4 egg yolks, sugar and flour. Stir in chocolate mixture.
- In a metal bowl, beat egg whites with an electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Gently fold egg whites into chocolate mixture; DO NOT over mix.
- Pour into prepared pan, and bake 45 minutes (toothpick will NOT come out clean).
- Cool 10 minutes before removing walls of pan. Cool completely. Garnish with powdered sugar & berries if desired.
Note: You can also use a 9-inch round cake pan. Do not attempt to remove the cake from the pan; slice and serve from pan.
Right now you can use discount code HEART for 10% off!