Week 4 of 30 Things My Kids Should Know About Me
List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could
1) DRIVE! At 16 I decided to wait to get my permit and license and here I am now at 31 beyond afraid of driving. I really wish I had done it then because I don’t think that I ever will now.
2) Finish school. I dropped out in January of my senior year after being double promoted (I had missed a lot of time because we were sort of homeless). Tell myself sure it is going to be hard, sure you have to take extra classes and work your butt off, but odds are I would have gone on to college.
3) Worry about myself and not everyone else. I often worried about what everyone thought, so I would neglect my work or do stuff I wouldn’t normally do.
4) Be happy with myself.
5) Don’t allow myself to be used by people.
6) Weed out fake friends.
7) Worry less and enjoy the rest of my teen years.
8) Do more. Join more clubs, join in more activities and committees.
9) Be in more photos! I hate pictures of myself, but now that I am older I regret not having pictures of great times and not having them to share with my kids.
10) Save my money! I held jobs from 14 until I became a SAHM and had next to no bills. I could easily have a nice cushion put away to buy a house right about now had I saved.